COVID-19 Updates & Guidelines
- June 24, 2020
We, at THE MEN’S SALON, are licensed professionals who are fully trained in proper sanitation. In response to COVID-19, our staff has also been fully trained on the most current methods and COVID-19 sanitation needs necessary for our business and your safety.
Below are important changes of what you can expect upon being back in the salon in order to keep both you and our staff safe, and in adherence with state guidelines. This page will be regularly updated as guidelines and procedures continue to evolve in response to COVID-19.
What to Expect When You Arrive
- Please do not arrive early. All customers are required to wait outside of the salon until their appointment time.
- An ear-looped mask is required in the building at all times, including during all services. If you do not have an ear-looped mask, you will not be able to enjoy our services.
- Do not bring a guest with you. This includes a friend, spouse, co-worker, etc. The only exception to this is if you are a guardian who is bringing in a child for our services.
- Clients are required to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon arrival.
- A mandatory, no-touch temperature check will be taken upon your arrival. If your fever is above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you will be asked to leave and encouraged to seek medical attention.
- Be prepared to answer the follow prescreening questions from your stylist before your appointment. If your answer is yes to any of the below questions, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment after seeking medical assistance or 14 days of self-quarantine.
- Have you traveled outside of the state or country within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, trouble breathing) in the past 14 days?
- Have you had contact with anyone with a confirmed or suspected exposure to COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
Updated Cancelation Policy
- Any late cancelations that occur less than 3 hours before your apartment will be charged in full.
- If you are a no show for your appointment, you will also be charged in full.
Client and Staff Interactions
- There will be no hand shaking within the salon, or other physical contact outside of the contact required to perform the service.
- Both employees and clientele will be wearing a face mask during all interactions.
- If you want to minimize your time in the salon, come with your hair freshly washed. It will not only cut down your time, but be one less area that you touch.
- THE MEN’S SALON and our staff are not liable in the event that you become ill or experience COVID-19 symptoms following your time at the salon.
Changes Within the Salon
To ensure your safety and minimize the amount of areas and items touched within the salon, we have made the following changes:
- The waiting area has been updated so that chairs are now 6 feet apart.
- All reading material in the waiting area has been removed.
- Beverages and food have been removed from the waiting area.
- All bathroom toiletries (floss, Q-tips, deodorant, etc.) have been removed.
- Our bathroom now has hands free washing and drying features.